2019-02-25

We are MORE

Hello! I have something new to share with you. This new scrapbook page means a lot to me.

It is me in the photo with DVD movie "Still Alice" in my hands. I work as a carer in a day center, where service users have Alzheimer's disease. It is a very meaningful and rewarding place to work and I love what I do.

To become a carer I did many courses and during one of them I had to present a movie review. I have chosen a medical drama film "Still Alice" (2014). The film is a realistic and emotional story about a woman living with Alzheimer's disease.
Alice (actress Julianne Moore) successfully showed the struggle, confusion, anger, pain and isolation of having such a disease. A big subject in the film is the issue of what gets left behind when all the things that define a person (past, future, independence and dignity) crumble away. The film gives an understanding that Alice is more than what she can remember.

I would definitely recommend watching this film. It will make you think deeply about different aspects of life and it will give you a debate to have with your friends and family.


Two challenges that gave me the go to create this layout that I am entering are:


Feb. 15 Sketch #361

Thanks for stopping by and joining me on my crafty journey.

9 comments:

  1. WOW! Love the layering of all the flowers! Your layout design is beautiful too! Great take on the challenge! Thanks for playing along with us at the Challenge YOUrself Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous page! The colors are beautiful and your flowers are amazing. I love your take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketches in Thyme!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! What a moving story behind your absolutely gorgeous page! I especially like the photo that you scrapped beautifully! Thank you so much for joining us at Challenge YOUrself this month. We are all very happy that you did!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful page with lovely details! I will look at that movie for sure! Thanks for joining Challenge YOUrself! Hugs Åsa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you: we are much more. Nice page, especially the composition of flowers. Eli (Sketches in Thyme)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This layout is gorgeous! Your flowers are beautiful, your photo is beautiful, and this is a beautiful story! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Sketches In Thyme!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I appreciate your kind comments very much. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely page! Great details! Thanks for joining Challenge YOUrself!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rima, your layout is so lovely! and thank you for sharing the history behind it. We're glad you stopped by Sketches n Thyme!

    ReplyDelete